Kay_el '05

Finally completed my annual trip to KL, though this time I went myself but still it's fun. 


KL, geez I couldnt believe what our all-mighty ex-Prime Minister, Dr. Mahathir has done to change the face of Malaysia. Though I have been going to KL since 2002, everytime I'm there, KL still manage to surprise me, perhaps its the time of the year where it gets busy, perhaps I have not seen much big cities enough but KL seemed to appeal to me. It has so much to offer that sometimes i wish i lived there. New skyscrapers growing into the already packed KL skyline without sympathy. The buildings there seemed to suit my current taste too. Gigantic and futuristic, like those in San't Ellia and Wood's futuristic drawings, though not as radical. I love the view from the monorail at Imbi station where it stops directly outside Time Squares's gigantic columns. As if travelling in a machine city like those you see in futuristic sci-fic movies. I dont know if KL city council have any city planners/urban designers because the city planning is just disasterous, BUT BUT BUT.... with the monorial system and all other advanced transportation has made KL so much easier to navigate around. When i was in KL for the first time in 2002, the monorail system was still in process. I still can remember, from subang to KL sentral we have KTM, but from sentral to sungei wang.. nothing. taxi yea..expensive..BUs? not my thing, just too dangerous. But when i went there in end of 2003, the monorail has started its operation and man it was so much easier, so much comfortable. It linked almost all the "golden zones" of KL. and the thing is it's cheap, and its comfortable. But one thing i hate about KL is that travelling by foot can be very frustrating and annoying. The weather in kl is just aweful. Its hot and it makes you sweat. its so uncomfortable. 

This time in KL i have had lots of thoughts. Maybe because i'm all alone and it allows me to think all that i want. The night before i left KL, around 2 in the morning, i went to a coffee shop near where i stayed and i just sat there looking across Bintang Walk. I just sat there, had nothing to do nothing to think about. Just to feel the vibe of the city, just to get enjoy myself while i am there. In KL it could be very lonely because its such a big place and everybody only cares about their own needs. But i guess that not a bad thing, cuz you can do whatever you like without having people looking at you thinkin that your a dumbass. That is what i like about big city, when people doesnt give a shit to what you do, where you get to get lonely, where you have all the time to yourself and think. I had a great time in kl, to search myself, to entertain myself and to indulge myself. I love it, i love it when im alone out there taking care of my own needs, when im alone out there going places. geezz... i just wished that i have all the money so that i could travel around the world. Sometimes exploring a place could be much more fun than getting there. ^_^

0 comments: