2005 AAA Design Awards



Photo by FJ

So i'm like...kinda a bit over this award frenzy thing you know and felt kinda awkward to write about me winning and shit like that, but still I am very excited to have won the 2005 AAA CavBrem Design Awards on the night of the 17th Nov. It came to me like a thunder struck on my head. WTF? well I wasnt expecting it to be honest thanks to the fucked up printing and my model which broke on my way to the venue for hand in. But anyway... I dont know. Duh. Im feelin kinda schizophrenic lately, and it's kinda getting worst, I'll talk about this later. Anyway.... here are the winners of this year's CavBrem.


Happy winners
Photo by FJ

Category A - Student:

Joanna Aitken - "Moments of Silence"
Hui-Yen Lim - "Hysteria"
Thom Gilbert - "Hotel Baghdad"
Isabelle Sun - "Library in a Drawer"
Aimee Wiles - "Remembrance and Interior"



Category B - Open:
Julie Wilson & Megan Rule - "Breath(able) City"


Me, my award, and my work.
Photo by FJ

Yeah, so the night was great, the food was delicious, the view was spectacular and getting the award made the night perfect. I think Richard didn't seemed to be happy with me winning but I dont care because he didnt know my work. I guess a lot of people was a bit prejudice to a hardcore presentation or drawings (I am not implaying that my presentation are hard core or anything like that) that they think that it is always going to be the presentation that got them the award of the grade, and that it doesnt have any depth in it other than looking pretty. But I do think that, one need to try to look more into someone else's design brief before judging their design, whether it is good or bad. It is only a fair thing to do I guess. We all have been told that Design is always subjective, and for that fact, no one can remain unbaised towards their own taste. But of course thats understandable because I do that too sometimes. However...nop.. lets stop here before I offend someone else again.

Glad that I won.

Fan, try next year. There will always be a next year.

Thanks to Mike Davis

2 comments:

9:58 PM Rei said...

hardcore architecture...nice term lol

3:48 AM K e n n e t h said...

congrats!
malaysia must be proud to hav you.
LOL
hehe:P