Ok the title sucks, because I suck in giving a good title but fuck it. It was a glorious night, the night that I am actually proud of myself. Yup, there are really moments when I want the time to freeze, because it's just too good and I am afraid to let it end. There are moments where it could make your life so good that all the sadness and problems just seemed to drain itself away. Then there are moments when I come to realization that good times will eventually end and that I need to step back to reality. Thats really how I felt right now. Two nights ago was the best moments that I had in my life, my mid-November's dream and right now, is the moment when I have to tell myself to step back to the reality.
16th November 2005, it was the Annual School of Architecture Prize Giving Ceremony. I was informed beforehand I will recieve and award so I was expecting something and there really isnt anything to be excited about PLUS I was tired because I didnt sleep the night before. I But anyway, at the prize giving, instead of one, I was given TWO awards. Yay. Awesome.
They were:
Chisolm Memorial Prize; $50 for the most meritorious set of 2 original sketches either in BAS or BArch
and;
Graham Ford Dawson Prize; $750 awarded for best Design 6 result.
Chisolm me, Monier her.
Photos by Alien.
I was totally shocked. It amounted to $800 in total. It was a real shock. I am still trying to absorb everything. I felt my face burn. A finger suddenly touched my shoulder, and turned into a gesture for handshake. It was Mike. I shook it not knowing what to say. "Thanks" I blurted. Then another smack on my shoulder. This time, the hand was black. I only knew one guy with a hand *that* black.
"Congrats bro".
"Thanks" I blurted again
Photo by Alien
It was really hard to explain how I felt that night. It was just too overwhelming. I was nervous, then I was freaked out, then I was surprised, then I was excited. You know times when you have different emotions and different feeling just come rushing to your head and you just dont know which one to respond to first. I was trembling hard out. It was thrilling!
Big thanks to Sarah.
Photo by Alien
I didn't know how many times I have repeated this, that design 6 had been the most struggling semester for me, BUT, at the end, I guess it did paid off. I wouldn't say I deserved the award, and I wouldnt say that I don't deserve the award. I knew I have put all the effort that I could into it and a recognition to my effort meant a lot to me. Everyone put alot of effort to design, so I am lucky that I got the award and truly greatful for it.
Also, of course, CONGRATULATIONS to Fanny too, awarded with Monier Prize, $150 for 3 designs chosen from Year 3 of BAS, together with Sang and Mary.
BTW, here's the award Fan and I created. Drumroll please,
Best Photoshop-ed drawings: Fanny Wu
The drawing with most lines: Nigel Lim
The most boxy award: Winnie Wang
The most Alien-look-alike Architecture: Rei Chen DiuLei :P
Best Copied work: Shall not be announced publically, its not something to be proud of
David got the Vernon Brown Award and Alex got the best over all Year 3 BAS award. Good stuff.
Vernon him.
Photo by Alien
Everyone looked beautiful that night....
and Life was good then....
Saving the best for the last.. 2005 AAA Cav Brem.
Friday, November 18, 2005
Moments of Glory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Moments of Glory, right! I'm so proud of u lar ^^
me waitin for your AAA speech. did u recieve the fotos?
Post a Comment