The Obligatory New Year Post

Tempo


Happy New Year everyone !

First post of 2008, isn't it worth celebrating ??!! Bah, I know I am one day late, but I feel it's necessary, or obliged to post one just for the sake of it. I just realize I never posted anything on new years day, so much for the anticipation that is but I'm always so immersed in my outdoor curricular with my friends, I almost never had the time to draft or write anything before hand so I could just hit the post button comes that day.

But whatever, I actually hate the period between Christmas and new years day, really, and I have no idea why. You know, other than fact that it's holidays and obviously, moving into a new year since I'm all sick of writing 2007 and couldn't wait to start writing 2-0-0-8 instead, I really don't know what is there to look forward to, and I really have no idea why is everyone making such a big deal out of it. I mean the countdowns, fireworks, the rave party, the never ending booze, gettin' laid and the hang over next morning. It's pretty much like if you don't countdown and don't get drunk means you are probably celebrating new year the wrong way.

But of course I defy. I just had to go out. Stay home every other holidays but not December 31st. No shit, not going out on the last day of the year sounds like a chronic social malfunction to me, unless if your having a party at home and having people over that is. But of course, neither did we count down nor get drunk, but I am 99 percent sure everyone else is. Oh, I did smoke a lot of cigarettes and coffees to keep me up all night though, so that cancels everything out.

So my new years celebration was awesome, not perfect but close, nothing new, just celebrating with a bunch of close friends in our hotel room, spending the night talking shits and laughing 2007 away. Oh, by the way, there was one big chunk of wood in the hotel room for reasons unknown. Obviously, wood do not speak nor know how to have fun so that really sucks balls. But other than that, our night had been all good, better than last year when two idiots decided to get on each other over a stupid parking lot. Nevermind that. I should stop being vague.

So review, 2007, damn I've got so much to write about I don't know where to start. And to be honest, I don't feel like typing it up because I'm really sleepy now and I don't see the point. 2007 haven't been as adventurous as 2006 I suppose, and by adventurous I actually mean crappy kind of adventure, so I guess that's a good thing. If 2006 was a loud crap, 2007 is kind of like a silent crap but still, it's crap, that kind of slow crap building up, little by little and becomes a big load of crap. I don't know if it make sense but 2007 had been surprisingly quiet, although it's not like it had been smooth sail, but things had gone a little low profile this year. Some misadventures, some bad decisions but I'm not feeling all that bad because I know I'm not the only one saying this. Oh my god, did I not mention the dramas ?, it's the prime time real life dramas. Man that was some intense shit, only if I could nominate these guys for Emmy awards, I would nominate all of them. I mean it's real life, real time dramas, seriously, you can't buy this shit anywhere.

And there is work, or career or whatever you call it to sound nicer or professional, had been pretty good too. Although I complaint frequently about work, I know I have learn a lot more than I have expected working in the company. I know my knowledge on the profession is still rather raw but I think I am moving in good directions. I am still learning new things, I am slowly jumping out of my comfort zone, slowly, but as long as I am, that would be enough because it's always nice to get caught up in a glimpse of hope, and with much blind faith, I hope things will happen for me this year.

So other than that, I found myself investing my savings on my hobbies: Photography and aquarium fishes. No regrets, I guess it's the only thing that could keep me sane all this time because non of these require any human interaction. Relationships make me sick. I mean, sick to my stomach sick. People fuck up all the time, I fuck up all the time, over and over again I don't know why I bother in the first place. I mean, the process of getting into it and the whole patching up thing is mentally exhausting and when it happen over and over again, at one point, I just feel like giving it up. I am short fused, relationship frightens me, in a way. I am comfortable with strangers because parting is easy, because we remain reserved and cautious. But when it goes deeper than the surface, things start to go wrong, when we let ourself off guard, demon craws, everything is doomed. I am way out of the topic.

I lost two dear friends in 2007 too, Matt and David. Our path crossed briefly but it had been wonderful and I missed you two more than ever. I have never questioned life more than I do today since the two of you are gone and it frightens me so much.

I'm getting a bit depressed so I'll have to stop here although I really do feel like retrospecting all of 2007 here because it's like a whole year worth of writing material but I am pretty sure I'll never get it done so just forget it, plus I don't want to spend too much time writing this up since I've got shit loads of stuff I need to sort out like my annual shitlist and annual album list yadda yadda, not like anyone give a shit anyways but I do take my annual review very seriously and I shall have them posted as soon as I get around to it.

Last but not least, I wish everyone a very happy new year and I hope 2008 will be a great year for all us. Too much shit has happened last year, so a Good Luck would be appropriate. All of us needed this.

Ta.

2 comments:

1:30 AM Omegafemale said...

Oh god you stole words out of my mouth. I'm tired of fucking up relationships and people fucking it up and to deal with the emotional rollercoaster which would make me build higher walls and more insecure.
But, I don't know why, there always seem to be someone even if it is for a brief moment who brings light in the dark to show a glimpse of what could be good.
Preserverance, persistence, and blind faith keeps us all going I think. Once that hope is gone, I hope one meets the light saber soon!

2007 was extremely hard for me, but I came through in the end so I guess I am capable of preservering. Hopefully to the very end.

1:33 AM Omegafemale said...

I hope idiots leave us be for 2008. That is my wish for the new year.