INTERPOL >> Live @ ST James, August 2



Finally, finally got everthing I needed to post the Concert up >> Interpol Live in St. James, August 2.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Waited in line around 7:30pm. I was really nervous thoug, oh you guys have no idea how I felt. It's like I'm going to piss my pants. And yes, St. James door opened at 8 as promised. Geeting in to it, was hard. Tickets were checked 3 times. Pity to those without an ID. Then, we had to wait till 8:30 for the opening act, Demi Whores. It was an aweful opening act. It was aweful. I so wished I didnt see them. At that time, St James was reasonably crowded. The stalls are full but the mezzanine level was quite empty thoug. After the opening act, we had to wait again. Interpol came on around 9:30 one by one, with Paul arriving last, lights were low, cheers were loud.



They begun with Next Exit (first track from Antics), which the sound were low, so Paul gestured the stagehand to turn the sound up.

Here are the rundowns for Auckland show:

Next Exit
Slow Hands
Narc
Say Hello to the Angels
Length of Love
Public Perverts
Not Even Jail
Hands Away
Evil
Obstacle 1
Take You on a Cruise
PDA


Encore

Untitled
Obstacle 2
Roland


The Soundcheck were as follow
Length of Love
Specialist
The New
Obstacle 2
Next Exit
P.D.A


Concert ended around 11:07p.m.




Sam broke a durm stick while he was playin Not Even Jail, and Dan did took a bow before playin Untitled. Little did they said anything the entire night. Paul said "We're Interpol from New York" and the crowd cheers.

The highlights for me were Slow Hands, Hands Away, Obstacle 1, Untitled, Obstacle 2, and Roland. There were shouts from the crowd for Specialist, and Stella, but nop the didnt play. Biggest disappointment of the night, the did not play Specialist, which was one of my fav track. And I heard that they played A Time To Be So Small in Wellington show, which is one on my favs too but some how I think this was due to that they're really new to NZ and most NZ fans know them through Antics, so I reckon side tracks like Specialist will be unfamiliar to NZ fans.

WHATS REALLY AWESOME is that the band played well enough that quite often you would find it hard to distinguish the live performance from the recorded. Every song just flows so naturally.The band was just brilliant, bringing the classiness of New York to ST James, they looked great, and playin even greater. Worth mentioning is the lighting. Its awesome too. Whoever that did the lighting really knew Interpol. The lighting flows with the rythm so effordlessly that its just awesome awesome awesome!

All in one. The concert was just F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C. It's worth every penny going to the play. OH, it just take my breath away. I'm still so excited writing up this post.

Post-concert

I was proudly wearing Interpol's T-Shirt the next day down on Queen Street and several people approached me saying things like "Hey, thats an awesome gig aye" and "omg, are you there, its fuckin awesome aye". Even when I'm at Achitecture Library that cute librarian asked me if I went to the gig. It's just awesome. Its so much better going to the ball, I think.


3 comments:

1:08 AM Rei said...

ball sucks =.=

I wish i would watch RH gig for one time in my life, that'd be AWESOME~

9:09 PM Anonymous said...

hmm...didnt know you know interpol. Surprise...lol :P

9:52 PM Anonymous said...

Dude,

I dig your taste in music man.

Wish I could see Interpol live sometimes!

That'd be so good.