Well yeah, I dont know why and I don't know when it started but the issue with "racism" has been a huge talk around lately... to me at least.
Many people had always tought that this is a so-not-the-coffee-table-topic issue that no one should be talking about it openly. But then I couldnt help bubt to think about Jules and Soo's comment on racism, which was rather funny of course.
So of course, in cities where "Cultural Diversity" counts, there will always be racism of some sort. There, beginning of this semester, there was these ladies from the mediation department of the already-fucked-up-UoA came and gave us a talk on Racism. What she said made no sense to ME. If she wasnt introduced as a mediator by Prof. Errol, I would've thought she was making a racist remark on other ethnicity based on what she talked about.
Duh, then there was the good old Welly, I was talking to a high school mate at one of the bars at the Uni.
Cameron: How many of you are here?
Me: um 7 including me, why?
Cameron: No offense, all asians?
Me: yea..
Cameron: Did you get stares?
Me: Kinda..something wrong?
Cameron: Dude, you'll never find 7 asians walking down the street in Welly, at least not that I have noticed
Me: Yeah, I noticed.
Na, not to say Cameron is a racist, in fact, he's the most unracist guy that I've met.
Then just last night, I was talking to Soo about her bad Taxi experience,
Soo: Hey Nigel, do you think Taxi drivers are rude? I mean like from your experience
Me: (thinks)um .. Ive had some good drivers and some with attitudes, why?
Soo: Ok, so the other night I had to take a taxi home, I called for a cab and I was late about 5 mins, and the Taxi driver was mad at me. And then I dont have any cash on me so I had to ask the taxi driver to drop me off at one of the ATM so I can get cash out, when he couldve stopped right at the ATM, he stop meters aways just to make me walk, then when I got home, it says 6 dollars on the meters, so I paid him 10 dollars but he did not gave me back my 4 dollars change, so I asked for it but he said that the rate has gone up...(xxXXxxx) ... and I was like what the hell.
Me: What race is he?
Soo: (Laughs) Indian.
Me: Though so..
That question wasn't meant to come out that way but somehow it just did. Now I am not making any Racism remark here but, all my bad taxi experience had to do with an Indian driver, there was once..if you refer back to my older entries, an Indian drver was tring to rip me off, making me pay 40++ bucks instead of 30. Then there was once with Brian, when we took taxi from Upper Queen back to his place at Emily Place. The rate meters read 4 dollars (it's kinda close, but we're kinda too stoned to walk), so Brian gave in 10 bucks. Apparently, the driver said that he dont have change and insist that we should just pay him 10. Now this isnt making any sense to me. I mean it's 4 bucks for christs sake and he made us pay 10. Fuck me, its his problem not having any change(which I seriously doubt) Brian got mad and grabbed the 10 dollars bill from him and said "fuck you, give me my change or you're not going to get any money". The taxi driver told us off and kept swearin. And I couldnt understand a word he said. Should be Indian. But anyway, there were a few times that I have had bad experiences with Indian drivers.
Then there is this huge discussions in studio, mostly between Soo and me and other Julian about Koreans. Soo is actually pretty open about the stuff, so it's alright to talk about that, which I wont go much into details thatd get me into trouble, but hey I mean, fuck the cultural diversity man.
and Helen Clark, oh your such a notti mama,
Id love to see you in your sexy messed up hair..
hmm............
Roar NZ, Roar NZ.
Roar Auckland, Roar Auckland,
I love ethics differences
I love people of all colours
I love you all
Screw me, stupid bumfuck Auckland,
Whatever.
Fuck me.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
So Much for the Cultural Diversity.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
oh at least someone got same experience with me... not a single taxi driver want me in thier car... so many ang mo lan beside me come later than me already gone back home... at last i have to walk so far carry my shopping thing to train station and walk so far away to go back home. screw it !
i think this blog is suitable for Lala's cultural watever thing. ur talkin abt the issues n facts where they are just making bunch of unrealistic BS. btw i found that email from my hotmail SPAM! XD
most indian taxi driver are trying to rip us off. And i've got enough exprience on this.
btw, look at the pics we took on Cuba st with FJ's friend, most passerbys got weird facial expressions towards us XD
um I reckon aye. And the Indian drivers in Malaysia are even worst. They yell at you man. So rude. Sigh .....
Fan, i think they will disqualify me and delete my stories...no racism is allowed. We should love auckland!!!!!
but nevertheless, welly is a nice place, people are friendly as long as you dont go out looking like gang bangers
fann, check your mail, there is afifth year malaysian wroe about his experience,
Post a Comment