Give and Take 1 : 1

How many bees does it take to fill a jar with honey? Exactly how many strands of hair would fall on our shoulder when we think? Exactly how many grains of sand does it take to make a piece of glass? And just exactly how much do I have to give so none of us would ever have to feel any less?

I do not know what I could give you that you might need, but I feel the need to give you, even though you didn't ask because it is necessary, and because I know giving it would fuel our friendship. I do not want anything in return, although I have taken so much, and yet I wish I would stop taking, so I could stop giving. I do not want anything, when there is something that I must want. All I want is, us, together, at the end of the night, to be able to talk and laugh before we finish our day, and wake up in the morning, thinking that we are going to have the same fun again at night. It makes day at work goes past much quicker.

0 comments: