Up until I was 17, I have never cried, I mean not including when I was an infant. I did not cry when my grandfather died, I did not cry when I cut my leg, I did not cry when I burnt my fingers, and I did not cry when I bleed. It was as if nothing gets to me. Life was simple back then, and I was happy back then. I did not cry not because I feel the need to supress myself so others wouldn't think I am wuss. I did not cry because I don't feel there is a need to cry because it is as it is.
But everything seemed different after 17, after I left and came to New Zealand.
I cry and I cry and I cry.
I cried at the airport after I waved my parents goodbye, I cried when I father was mad at me for crashing his car, I cried after I read a book, I cried after I watched a movie, I cried after I watched a TV show, I cried in the bathroom when I took crap, I cried in the studio when I am stucked, I cried in the morning when I wake up, I cried in the afternoon when the depression kicks in, I cried at night when I feel lonely and I cried in the middle of the night when I fear of uncertainties. I cried for no certain reasons.
I cry and I cry and I cry.
The psychologist I used to see once told me "You are a brave young man because you did not hide your feelings." That was after I broke down sobbing like a helpless SOB telling him about my dramatic life story. The comment ain't making me feel better, sorry. I knew that I am like seriously depressed and I knew that it's just a matter of time before I snap and honestly I cannot wait for that day to arrive.
Because it will be the day I stop crying and everyone who loved me starts crying.
And, thanks Dw, you've been the best thing that've happened to me since this year. See you when I see you again.
But everything seemed different after 17, after I left and came to New Zealand.
I cry and I cry and I cry.
I cried at the airport after I waved my parents goodbye, I cried when I father was mad at me for crashing his car, I cried after I read a book, I cried after I watched a movie, I cried after I watched a TV show, I cried in the bathroom when I took crap, I cried in the studio when I am stucked, I cried in the morning when I wake up, I cried in the afternoon when the depression kicks in, I cried at night when I feel lonely and I cried in the middle of the night when I fear of uncertainties. I cried for no certain reasons.
I cry and I cry and I cry.
The psychologist I used to see once told me "You are a brave young man because you did not hide your feelings." That was after I broke down sobbing like a helpless SOB telling him about my dramatic life story. The comment ain't making me feel better, sorry. I knew that I am like seriously depressed and I knew that it's just a matter of time before I snap and honestly I cannot wait for that day to arrive.
Because it will be the day I stop crying and everyone who loved me starts crying.
And, thanks Dw, you've been the best thing that've happened to me since this year. See you when I see you again.

1 comments:
Hey Nigel
In Chch right now... I'm happier cos I'm away from uni. It's snowing down here really nice. Wish you were here.
I think people (including me) tend to live our lives based on this so called bullshit "etiquettes" we're almost programmed to be fake. "Hi, how are you doing?" "How's your depression going? Anything i can do?" "You'll be fine, things always work out."
Sorry if I seemed fake. Sometimes brutal honesty is preferable then a fake questions like that huh?
But I think people say them because to a certain degree they care. It just annoys the hell outta you that's all.
How do you show that person you care?
I don't know I guess I can shove my fist up your arse. It'll probably make you feel better...
Read your blog....
I got kicked out of kindergarten for crying... I was always a cry baby. You have no idea how many times I cried in level 6 by myself at night. And come downstairs to make jokes and be "normal" again.
To be able to cry is a beautiful thing. Don't look at it as a downgrading phenomena.
Ha, maybe we should cry together and laugh crap outta ourselves afterwards.
Take care. Will miss you. Don't forget we all care about you and like you said Life is beautiful because we are here. ;-)
(man that's cheesy shit)
Post a Comment