Life in a NUTSHELL....

Life, in a nutshell is that "it goes on...". I couldnt help but notice just how many people on my MSN Messenger list that their nickname has the word "Life". e.g. "life is short...enjoy life", "Life is boring", "LiFe-Is-A-NoN-StOp-EvEnt", "We will live, we will get through this life in GLORY!" . But what is Life, why is life so hard? There are way too many questions about life that I wish I had the answers too, but if I have the key to everything to me, what is left for me to explore?

There are people who know very little about life, who sees life at the surface, at the most basic level of all things. I call this people SHALLOW. Shallow people basically sees the surface to all thing. What's underneath is left unseen, unexplored, unknown to them. I hate these kind of people but it is not fair to categorize nor it is not my place to judge but I cant help but feel sorry for these people. Of course, I often buy things that are visually pleasing, i.e. the surface but should I categorize myself as shallow. The categorizing technique should not be applied then, but then should you said that I bias toward myself? Then there are people who sees life on its neccessary level which I would say I am one of these people. I guess I know life well enough to survive in this world, being able to understand the homogenaility of all things, being able to understand the reason to many things, which sometimes doesn't make sense. Then there are people who know too much, way too much about life. I call this hollow. Not to say that these people are hollow, its just that those people know too much about life where I, personally find them in a scenario where there are nothing left in this world to be explored.

Life is uncertain, we all know that. Things are always changing. I dont know what to expect on whats coming because sometimes, something can be expected to happen. But most of the times, things come unexpected. That is where all the problems came from, because too often I predict, I expect things to happen, and when things doesnt turn out to be expected, it will basically fuck the system up. I remembered reading an interview of Shirley Manson (Garbage's front woman) and she said that life is uncertain, that one should not try to predict what will happen, but there is one thing for sure, one thing that we can expect is trouble. Trouble will come looking for us, like it or not it is beyond our control. I guess many people understand the reason behind this saying. It is not hard to understand it too, but how often do we use this as a solution to a problem. I dont, though I tried to. Everytime I came to face with a problem, all I do is moan and complain about it, but I never really actually calm myself down and use the trouble-comes-our-way as a logical way to solve problems. At the end of the day, I ended up getting upset, ended up smoking more cigarettes that I usually do, trying to find an answer to why is this happening to me.

In a nutshell, Life goes on. Life is not a question because there is no certain answer, Life is not a statement because it varies to every single person. It is a term, so that we could moan and yell about our daily happenings, something that we could blame on when things went wrong (i.e. "Life sux"), something to be grateful when things seemed to go our way (i.e. Wow, life is beautiful"). It is just a word. Without this word, I wouldnt be able to write all of the above, without this world, daily conversations become less interesting. Life is a paradox to everything.

I guess we do not live so that we could understand the meaning of life, instead we live so that we could come to an understanding and accepting the fact that life itself is an annoymous term.

At least, this is what I think... I dont know...

0 comments: