It's EMO Now Or Never.

Emo from the UK just sound so like totally alien. I’ve always taught Emo music is like a totally American thing. But anyway, Liberation Transmission is yet just another emo album, but from the UK.

Let’s start this with me saying I am totally biased. I hate emos. They are like just totally wrong in every single way. But I want to review this album anyway, for one apparent reason, because they are emo. There isn’t much to comment on the music because emo music is pretty much identical; it’s not hard to tell, from the lyrics, use of instrument and the arrangement. Emo can only go as far as this. Trust me.





Artist: Lostprophets
Album: Liberation Transmission
Release Date: 26 June 2006
Country: Wales, United Kingdom
Beaker's Verdict: A


Liberation Transmission is just another emo album – nothing groundbreaking. Topic of the songs revolves around teenage problems like breaking up, losing a friend, and wanting to break free, just like any lyrics you can find in any other emo albums. Some lines in the songs are way far out being corny, cheesy and cliché. I mean who hasn’t done lines like “Everybody scream your heart out” or “Give me something to believe in” or “We’re giving up, we’re moving on” Geez, get something original will ya. Also the word “Screaming” seemed to be excessively used throughout the albums. “Screaming” here and “screaming” there. Someone should make it a crime.

Speaking about emo, some of the lines are down right emo. I mean so emo that it gave me Goosebumps. For example, we have lines like

I'm sick of watching my mouth with everybody looking at me
And I'm sick of wasting my time, this city offers nothing for me

– Everybody’s Screaming

And there's no destiny when everyone's your enemy
Take your jealous heart and cast it into stone

- Broken Hearts, Torn Up Letters And The Story Of A Lonely Girl

Yesterday I lost my closest friend
Yesterday I wanted time to end
I wonder if my heart will ever mend
I just let you slip away

- 4AM: Forever

Save your sympathy
Who do you think you're fooling?

– A Town Called Hypocrisy

See what I mean, it’s corny, way beyond Emo. It’s not that I think the lyrics are bad or anything but I mean I hate it when some people just made up their lyrics, the originality of their lyrics. I mean, Liberation Transmission has 12 fucked up emo songs, am I supposed to believe there Prophets has gone through those moments in their life, like losing a friend at 4am, or shouting in the rooftops, or looking at the world with bloodshot eyes? Give me a fucking break.

Even some of the song titles are fucking ridiculous. “Can’t Stop, Gotta Date With Hate” “Always All Ways (Apologies, Glances And Messed Up Chances)” Does anyone don’t find that funny? Not only that I find funny. The singing is a fucking joke – the fucking uber- clichéd elements vocals like uhhh’s, aaahh’s, Wooahaooo’s are, again overdone in some of songs, and it is fucking annoying.

As for the rating, I will give it a fucking A because I have to confess, despite the clichés, despite the corniness, this album contains 12 singles that every emo band wished they’d written. No shit. Each song are catchy at their own right, although they sound the same one after another, but hey, it’s a market for trouble teenage girls and teenage boys, as long as there’s someone shouting at them, this album is a market guarantee.





Artist: Taking Back Sunday
Album: Louder Now
Release Date: 25 April 2006
Country: New York, United States
Beaker's Verdict: C



Emo music is like the opposite of boy bands. Girls from happy family bought boy band’ records while troubled teenage girls and guys who thought they should be girls bought emo records. It’s as simple as that. Emo music is like totally overrated. You know, they are all the same, every single fucking band is the same, the sing the same tunes, they sing about the same shit and they dress the same.

The only thing that’s great about emo bands is that they have like created 12 different ways to say “I’m depressed, and I wanna die” in each song without sounding too similar. Well done.

If you’re feeling bored and need an album that can fucking cheer you up, this is the right one to get. It’s so pathetic that it’s funny. I don’t see how one could possibly relate to the lyrics. It’s just so god damn stupid. Trust me, life is much more than that.

But then, back to my point, emos are fucking useless bunch of immature kids who don’t appreciate their fucking life, who took for granted what they have. They are fucked up attention seekers who lead a perfect life, but decided to throw it a way, and to think that they are fucked up depressed useless son of a bitch. They probably would never realize how lucky they are to have a mother who went through hours of labour pain just to give birth to them, hoping they’d grow up to be someone useful instead of some fucking little pricks. And I probably bet they’d never understand the sacrifice their parents made to give them a home, put them through school and the endless love they showed.

You guys should be ashamed of yourself.

Appreciate you parents while they’re still here you little fuckers.

Just as you thought I was speaking metaphorically.

5 comments:

12:02 AM Anonymous said...

Ahahahah lol.... Meesh loves that band. Infact he's going to go see them in concert. I'd love to send him this link.

4:25 PM Anonymous said...

that's intense man...

11:02 PM Broken Beaker said...

Meesh is going to hate me ^^

11:48 PM Anonymous said...

Hey Nigel, How's it? There is a movie called "Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore in the Auckland film festival. Wanna go see it with me next Wednesday? It sounds really interesting... Especially since I'm REEALLY interested in Sustainability etc,,,, And didn't you write thatone of your fav movie is Day after tomorrow? Check out ticketek for more info

9:49 PM Broken Beaker said...

hey sure.

TXT me when you get back and we'll hang out.