Having 2 bosses is pretty much like, having two mothers, although I've never had two moms before, but I suppose it'd be kind of ummph and ugggh.
But of course, I'm referring to my bosses, I never know which one to follow, especially when one of them is never around and another one is always around. I always listen to the one who is always around, just because, you know, he is always around. But when the one that is never around, is around, I have to listen to him, because apparently, I'm like hisbitch assistant. And most of the time, the two of them like to contradict each other.
So basically, more often than sometimes, I need to do my work twice, because usually, whenever I have questions for the one that is never around, he is never around, so I need to ask the one who is always around. But, usually, the one who is always around doesn't really know what sort of stuff I'm dealing with, since I'm not his assistant officially, but felt like he is obliged to answer my question, I usually ended up doing something totally different than what the one who is never around expect of me.
Usually, the one who is always around would tell me to just do it, or "It looked alright to me" and then, the one who is never around would usually go, "Wrong! Stop. This is not what I wanted, do you understand what I told you the other day?" And I was like, "but.......the one who is always around said...", but of course I never said this to either one of them, because, one thing I found out about bosses, in general, or people who wanted to become bosses, they usually developed some kind of tumor in their head called SNOB. First, they are never wrong, no matter how wrong they are. Second, they don't take excuses, like buts or uggh, they make everything looked like your fault, and they take credits for things they thought were good, ideas or designs for instance.
The thing is, doing things twice is fine by me, really, when my work schedules aren't too tight. But when both of them contradicts each other, and the client need to see the stuff - you know, any stuff at all, like in two hours, I feel like I'd rather just put a bullet in my head and die.
They have no idea how annoying this is, when it's practically impossible in every single sense in the world to get it done because the time they've given me to finish the whole thing is pretty much like asking me to shit and wipe my ass clean in 30 seconds. Imagine a concept, a full zoning plan, plus a design report with fancy pictures, and some serious writings no one gives a shit about, in two hours, and I'm not talking about some little cottages, I'm talking about something close to urban design of a Cultural center. It's funny because, people like them who have had years of experience still doesn't know how long it would take to prepare things like this. I mean, we all went throughhell college, and we know how much time is needed to prepare finals. Cut the design process - it would've taken at least 2 or 3 days to come out with a barely decent presentation. Of course, there is always another option of presenting a D grade report, no worries, but I'd rather slit my throat than make myself do something so unimaginably horrid. It's just the kind of a shame I cannot deal with.
But of course, I'm referring to my bosses, I never know which one to follow, especially when one of them is never around and another one is always around. I always listen to the one who is always around, just because, you know, he is always around. But when the one that is never around, is around, I have to listen to him, because apparently, I'm like his
So basically, more often than sometimes, I need to do my work twice, because usually, whenever I have questions for the one that is never around, he is never around, so I need to ask the one who is always around. But, usually, the one who is always around doesn't really know what sort of stuff I'm dealing with, since I'm not his assistant officially, but felt like he is obliged to answer my question, I usually ended up doing something totally different than what the one who is never around expect of me.
Usually, the one who is always around would tell me to just do it, or "It looked alright to me" and then, the one who is never around would usually go, "Wrong! Stop. This is not what I wanted, do you understand what I told you the other day?" And I was like, "but.......the one who is always around said...", but of course I never said this to either one of them, because, one thing I found out about bosses, in general, or people who wanted to become bosses, they usually developed some kind of tumor in their head called SNOB. First, they are never wrong, no matter how wrong they are. Second, they don't take excuses, like buts or uggh, they make everything looked like your fault, and they take credits for things they thought were good, ideas or designs for instance.
The thing is, doing things twice is fine by me, really, when my work schedules aren't too tight. But when both of them contradicts each other, and the client need to see the stuff - you know, any stuff at all, like in two hours, I feel like I'd rather just put a bullet in my head and die.
They have no idea how annoying this is, when it's practically impossible in every single sense in the world to get it done because the time they've given me to finish the whole thing is pretty much like asking me to shit and wipe my ass clean in 30 seconds. Imagine a concept, a full zoning plan, plus a design report with fancy pictures, and some serious writings no one gives a shit about, in two hours, and I'm not talking about some little cottages, I'm talking about something close to urban design of a Cultural center. It's funny because, people like them who have had years of experience still doesn't know how long it would take to prepare things like this. I mean, we all went through

0 comments:
Post a Comment