Independence and Imperfection.

Untitled-21



It rained again tonight.

Little drops that mangled into strays of bursting light and vanishes into smokes and ashes before touches the ground I stood. It was, really, a spectacular night tonight, relentlessly blinding with unforgiving beauty.

There's too much, the eyes, once blinded, adapt and acclimatise, then we start feeling the space we all stood, the space between us, the proximity between us, emitting bodily heat.

Light keeps on bursting, rains keep pouring, merciless, even in a deluge of people, almost everyone is experiencing the moment through their view finder, or their cellphone, collecting megapixel memories. But yet, strangely enough tonight, it was just the four of us.

Merdeka. For me, for Us, for our country

Feeling the moment slip away like a flowing tap, footsteps fast and steady, we run like little kids in rain. We sat down sipping our drinks with water dripping from our forehead, out shirt wet and damp, and it doesn't bother us. We laughed at the drama that was on TV, it doesn't bother us. It was nostalgic, jump back 7 years, when we used to parade in rain, when life is too simple to bother us. It made me realize, our life falls apart, our day differs, we age, we move on, but there's a small part inside that remains untouched, the one that never grow up.

And I am on burst-fire mode.

Grumpy, like thick, dense, greyish clouds before the storm. Unfortunately, the world doesn't stop when Tsunami hit's Indonesia, and the world doesn't stop when Katrina wiped New Orleans. Why should our world stop because you decided to pull a dark cloud over your face? No, I don't have a girlfriend that resides thousand miles away, and no, I certainly do not understand what it felt like to have a girlfriend resides thousand miles away, life must be so hard for you. Life is hard for me to. How do we compare? How do we measure? At least I don't try to make the world stop for me.

Funny isn't it? Having a girlfriend/ boyfriend overseas is like the best reason of all time you could always use when you feel like ditching your friends. I could only imagine. Now I understand the peril of technology. Apparently, its true that people would choose a cellphone over a human.

I have been sick, I took a zap yesterday afternoon and I was practically paralyzed the whole day, I stayed in bed, but come night falls, the idea of going out excites and I feel better again. I was sick this morning, because apparently, I have a nasty infection on my throat, but, I make an effort to go out. What's worst than being sick is being alone, at home. It has always worked for me that way, when I'm sick, I go out, I enjoy myself, and guess what, I feel so much better. I try not to miss out, because it'd by my lost if I did, and even if I did, I don't complain, like some people does. It's daft, because they think the world, it actually revolves around them and not the sun.

Don't get me wrong, I am not sick of you, maybe one day when I'm sick of cigarettes, I will. But that is not going to happen any time soon. I'm just annoyed, like sometimes, I am annoyed how expensive cigarettes are these days, but I still buy them, and I still need them.

It all boils down to one conclusion, happiness is not rocket science, sometimes, being with the right people, at the right time is happiness. It's spontaneous. That said, thank you for disappearing today. I just cannot imagine how much of a burden it would've been for us to put up with your shit face the entire night. You just did us all a big favor. Thank you. Thank You.

Imperfection is life,

I know,

That is why, at the end of the day, we pretend,

We pretend nothing ever happened,

Everything falls back into place.

And that scares me.

0 comments: